Thursday, September 27, 2007

Okay, I'm convinced.

Just got back from Washington Square Park...am thoroughly inspired. Was on the fence for a while when everyone and their mother announced they were running to be the next leader of the free world. The woman or the Black guy? I felt like I was on the verge of being torn in a way that I haven't been in a long time. Probably ever. When a candidate becomes a celebrity, i get a little leery. What do they really stand for? Mind you, anyone coming into office after the guy who's f***ing up our country now would be a welcome change but behind the big smile, the flawless image, what do you stand for? Well, Barack lives up to the hype and then some. Standing in the massive crowd in Washington Square, i didn't even mind that some idiot girl was practically standing on my shoulders to get a fuzzy image on her cell phone. I felt his words, I put myself to the challenge, tonight, to be a part of the change that needs to come, not just a bystander. So, I guess you can say my mind is made up. 2008 better get here fast. On a completely different note, how sad was the end of Ugly Betty? I love that show.

image via Meetup

No comments: